The A&R Departments operate as the primary source of talent scouting and record making within Cincinnati Music Accelerator. It is A&R that allows us to locate and enroll new talent and continue making opportunities for current and past CMA graduates.
High-Level Job Description:
Lead as a Creative Officer of the Cincinnati Music Accelerator in fulfilling all his or her A&R duties, as well as lend support to other departmental responsibilities.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
Lead administrative support as the Creative Officer, including but not limited to scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, submitting expense reports, and rolling calls.
Coordinate all department-related events, such as Senior and Junior A&R meetings, showcases, and A&R Conferences.
Assist in researching new acts and producers for CMA roster projects
Work closely with all departments including publicity, sales, marketing, product management, finance and legal.
Assist in coordinating record production; work with mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists to ensure production deadlines are met.
Maintain and develop relationships directly with artists and their teams.
Professional and able to work under pressure with high-profile clients
Hire interns as needed and oversee their work
Coordinate PO’s and invoices for studio sessions
Must maintain availability as needed at night and on weekends
• Hardworking and highly motivated
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Natural sense of urgency
• Familiarity with industry resources, such as Mediabase and Sound Scan.
• Ability to execute in new and unfamiliar situations
• Ability to develop strong relationships with counterparts and coworkers.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Knowledge of pop, urban, dance and alternative music
• Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to emails and calls at any time of day or night (including weekends)
• Must be able to get results in a timely fashion under any and all circumstances.
• Cincinnati, KY Based
• Experience in Music Industry preferred
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Word Perfect, iTunes required
• Knowledge and relationships throughout the entertainment field preferred
• Protools experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred but not required)
• At least a 1-2 years’ work in the music industry.
• Must be well versed in word/excel/ftp website knowledge.
Our organization is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Cincinnati Music Accelerator.